Friday 1 April 2016

K.I.S.S.I.N.G. So Marilyn by Charlotte Tilbury

I'm never usually one for bright or bold colours, especially not red but this Charlotte Tilbury lipstick in the colour So Marilyn really caught my eye... 
Recently I reviewed the K.I.S.S.I.N.G Stoned Rose lipstick which you can read here. I am fairly new to the Charlotte Tilbury range of cosmetics but so far everything I have tried I have loved! 
What first attracted me to this colour was probably the name So Marilyn, anything with the name Marilyn instantly reminds me of the classic 1950`s look of red lips and winged eyeliner which is a winning combination. I would never usually choose a lipstick like this, much preferring to wear more natural and nude tones but once applied this colour leaves a very shiny, highly pigmented finish, I would describe this colour as ruby red and best suited to wear for nights out or a date. 
These lipsticks claim to make lips appear bigger and with the Stoned Rose lipstick I did not notice any difference but with this colour I definitely noticed a difference, my lips appeared slightly fuller and I received many compliments. It looks very bright in daylight, perhaps a little too bright for my liking but still, this is a gorgeous colour that definitely reminds me of Marilyn Monroe and one which I will definitely wear in future.
Jen
X

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS