Friday 19 June 2015

Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation in 2W1 Dawn

I had been wanting a long lasting foundation for a while, something that would stay put all day without sliding off or melting but that would give a flawless finish and allow my skin to breathe. I had heard many good things about Estee Lauder's Double Wear foundation so I decided to give it a go... 
Originally I had a sample of the colour 2C3 Fresco which I got free inside a magazine and after trying it, I loved the finish it gave and how long it lasted but despite the colour being a good match for my skin, it was just too pale. So I visited the Estee Lauder counter to get matched properly. I asked for a similar colour to Fresco but with a yellow undertone as it's a lot more flattering and slightly darker than my natural skin tone to give my skin some warmth. 
My colour 2W1 Dawn
The make-up artist I spoke to recommended using a foundation brush to apply this, I currently use a sponge but switched to a brush. I find that the foundation brush gives a nice finish but it's extremely difficult to blend, I usually end up with brush strokes across my face so I have to keep blending over and over until they disappear. I always use the Real Techniques foundation brushes. 

I always use a primer as my base after applying moisturiser as this helps to keep skin matte and also helps the foundation to last longer on the skin. The primer I use is the Revlon Photo ready balm. I find that this foundation is the perfect colour match for me, the staff at Estee Lauder were very friendly and helpful and I am very impressed with the results. I was so sick and tired of trying long lasting foundations from various brands including Clinique and Rimmel, but finding that, after a few hours my skin was oily and the foundation had gone patchy. I find that this really does last all day and I think it would probably last just as long even without a primer, it's just that good! Even at the end of the day, it still looks freshly applied. I'm also very impressed by the colour range, as there are 30 colours to choose from. It's good to finally see a cosmetics company recognising that there is no "one shade fits all" and that being pale doesn't necessarily mean we are all the same shade. 

It does not go patchy, greasy or sticky and if I touch it, I cannot feel it on my face. This is everything I have been looking for in a foundation! I have heard some reviewers claim that this is too thick or heavy but I feel as though I am wearing no make-up when I wear this. It really is unlike any other foundation I have tried before and it ticks all the right boxes for me. 
I only have two minor criticisms in that it does go slightly oily on my forehead towards the end of the day and the bottle, although very dainty and pretty does not come with a pump, therefore I have tip the bottle on to the back of my hand so it feels like I am using a lot or that it will spill. Overall, this is expensive but worth every penny and I now swear by this foundation! I would not use anything else. I bought this for £29.50. Below is an untouched, unfiltered photo of me wearing Double Wear after around 8 hours of wear.
No photoshop, no filters, after 8 hours.  Forgive the extreme close-up and messy hair.

Jen
X



No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS