Tuesday 12 August 2014

M&S 'Holly Sharpe' for 'Limited Collection' Palette


M&S 'Holly Sharpe' for 'Limited Collection' Palette


This palette was given to me as a birthday gift from my sister in law and I have got to say I have had so much use out of it, specifically the eyeshadows!



Using this palette has been the first time I have tried out M&S make up products. I know a lot of their beauty stuff has a good reputation and it is especially good as their make up is ethical and has the bunny stamp of approval for 'Cruelty-free'. 

Before mentioning the cosmetics themselves it is worth noting how beautiful the palette casing is! It is a sturdy, glossy two tiered case. Fashion illustrator Holly Sharpe has designed the image on the cover (also featured on her 18 other limited pieces for the line) I believe the product looks and feels more expensive than it's £12 price tag.



The eyeshadows are great quality and well pigmented. When applied the colour on my eyelid stays true to the colour in the palette. There is a brilliant selection of colours to mix, match and blend and many eye 
looks can be achieved from these shades. I have posted one (bad quality) photo of me above wearing a couple of light purple shades. They are not named so I cannot state which exact colours I have on but I believe it's the two small eyeshadows to the left of the middle row (top tier) 





I am not as bowled over with the lipstick collection as they are all a bit too balmy for my liking, and the colours are not as strong on as they are in the palette, they also wear off fairly quickly! However, they work well for a subtle sheen if you want a natural day look and want to add a bit of moisture to your lips. I am also not a huge fan of applying lipstick with a lip brush, which you must do to use these colours.

I am overall chuffed with this palette! I would certainly re-purchase some of the eyeshadows if they were sold in singles.


LUCYXOXO



No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS