Monday 28 March 2016

Nivea Post Shave Balm as a primer?

 I want to discuss a recent trend I discovered in the beauty blogging world and share with you my thoughts and whether it actually works. This was first discovered by NikkiTutorials, an amazingly talented makeup artist so after running out of my usual primer I decided to test this out.
I applied this just the same way I do with my usual primer before applying my Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation. The first thing I noticed was the smell which,  because it's a men's product, smells like aftershave which I found to be quite strong. I had no idea if this would work or if it would just leave my makeup looking a mess by the end of the day but I had heard other beauty bloggers claim that they would never use a primer again and describing it as their holy grail product so I had quite high expectations. 

Firstly, I didn't really notice a difference once I had finished applying my foundation and it didn't help with the actual application either. As the day wore on I felt that my makeup looked slightly more oily than usual and slightly patchy, I also noticed that all the foundation on my nose had come off completely. However, I find that the results of Nivea Post Shave balm vary greatly depending on the type of foundation you wear. I found that using it under my Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation did not perform as well as it did under my Revlon Colorstay foundation which worked like a dream and gave it a matte, airbrushed finish that lasted all day. 

Would I recommend this a primer? Well for me I found that it works great with some foundations and not others, I find that makeup does stick to it and that a little goes a long way but in future I will just stick to actual primers as there's not much difference in price between the usual Rimmel primer I use and the Nivea Post Shave balm apart from the difference in size, you get a bigger bottle with Nivea. I got mine from Superdrug for £5.29. 
Jen
X

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS