Saturday 30 January 2016

Maybelline The Falsies Push Up Drama mascara

I never miss an opportunity to try the latest mascara and the new Maybelline The Falsies Push Up Drama was no exception... 
The first thing that drew me to this mascara was the packaging which is very girly, bright and shiny, although I did find it quite deceiving because it looks as though it is double ended and has two wands but it only has one. So what does it claim to do? 

Will you dare to get the Push Up Effect? Our 1st Push-Up brush with Cup-Shaped bristles boosts and thickens lashes.

The formula Instantly plumps & volumises the look of lashes, with Styling Wax to keep them lifted.

Intense black colour for a dramatic, sultry look.

Result: A luscious pair of plumped up, full, thick lashes that last all day and night!

How to Use
Starting at the roots, sweep wand through lashes. Apply as many coats as required for desired look. 
(Source: boots.com)

Upon first impressions I thought the brush was really big compared to my other mascaras, it is a plastic wand with tiny cups bristles on it which I much prefer to the traditional brush wands as I feel plastic wands are much more effective and easier to use and also achieve a much better result. 
I found that the formula was very waxy, I know it has styling wax in to hold the curl but this is just silly, it made it difficult to apply the mascara from root to tip without it clumping. Even after just one coat, I felt as though my eyelashes looked clumpy and after a third coat my eyelashes were stuck together and I had to use an eyelash comb to separate them.
 I also found that the formula was very wet which meant that it kept catching on my skin and eyelids, I also noticed that it had a strange smell which I have heard other bloggers describe as similar to chocolate but I just found it weird. I found the best way to apply this was to look down and instead of zig zagging the brush, I gently swept in an upwards motion. It definitely pays to be light handed when applying this mascara, as I found when I applied too much or was a little heavy handed, it didn't work. Here you can see the end result after applying three coats, applied on different days to see if the result was still the same:
Whilst I found that the mascara made my lashes longer, it definitely did not give them volume which is what it claims to do, therefore I think this mascara would be better advertised as a lengthening mascara but not for volume. However, you can use two different mascaras at the same time to achieve your desired look, for example, I use one for length and one for volume, or if you're lucky enough you might be able to find one which does both and the closest mascara I've found to perfection is the Seventeen Falsify HD. Overall, I am disappointed by this mascara, especially when everyone is raving about it and Maybelline is really going all out with their promoting of this. 
Close-up, as you  can see it is very clumpy 
I love Maybelline mascaras and I was really excited to try this, but every now and then they do get it wrong and release a mascara that doesn't quite hit the mark and unfortunately this is one of those mascaras, I feel that the formula could have been so much better and they really didn't need to add the styling wax as this is what makes it clumpy although this is clearly the product's unique selling point. I have no issues with the brush though, which is brilliant but this time it's a thumbs down from me. 
Jen 
X

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS