Friday 3 July 2015

Benefit Peek-a-Bright Eyes

Another day another Benefit product review, I'm starting to see a pattern here but I am a Benefit junkie after all. In my last post, I said I owned a few Benefit kits and I wasn't kidding, so today I would like to review a kit I recently received for my birthday...
I absolutely love Benefit kits, as I have stated in previous posts and this one is no exception. This contains all you need to create subtle looks ideal for both casual and smart days. It also contains a sample of Eye Bright which has always been one of my favourite Benefit products. You simply apply this in the inner corners of your eyes then blend to instantly wake up your eyes or if you suffer from red skin on your eyes then you can apply it all over the lid to counteract any red or you can also use it as a primer.
It also contains two small brushes however, I usually find the brushes in these kits to be of poor quality so I always prefer to use my Real Techniques eye brushes to get the desired results. This contains three subtle colours with a sheen to them and a dark colour for contouring in the eye crease.

I find that the only pigmented colour is the contour shadow which is highly pigmented so you need only apply a small amount. I always find it best to follow your natural eye crease that's in between the fold of your lid then simply apply the eyeshadow in to the crease with your eye still open and then simply blend up and out.

This kit is ideal for both work and dates and if you want something a bit more dramatic you can team it up with a dark lip, it's all about what type of lip you choose as to how dramatic you want the look to be.
From left to right: Swatches of eye bright, base shadow, contour shadow and highlight shadow

This is a fab little kit and it's cute sparkly packaging and small size make it ideal to take on holiday as you can create so many different looks with it. One of my favourites is to apply Eye Bright all over the entire lid then apply the contour shadow into the crease and blend up slightly, it takes minutes and lasts all day.

If you're looking for a gift for a teenager or you are new to the world of makeup then this kit is ideal. It comes with a handy little booklet on how to apply the shadows and how to create different looks. But always remember that there are no rules to makeup and it's there to enjoy and to experiment with.
Jen
X

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS