Tuesday 9 September 2014

Garnier Ultimate Blends The Nourishing Repairer

Garnier Ultimate Blends The Nourishing Repairer

I was curious about this new range of shampoos and conditioners by Garnier, and after reading Lucy's review (which you can read here) about the sleek restorer shampoo and conditioner, I decided to try the nourishing repairer which is for dry and damaged hair.


First things first, I spotted this on offer in Asda, I think it was around £1.89 per bottle and these are the slightly bigger bottles so not a bad price. I decided now was the time to give them a whirl. There are many different blends in the range meaning there is a shampoo and conditioner for every hair type. After much deliberation, I finally opted for the nourishing repairer as I suffer with very dry, coarse hair after years of using heat on my hair so I wanted something to give it a boost and much needed moisture. What drew me to this particular blend was the fact that it contains avocado oil which is one of the best things for your hair. I also like the fact that these range of shampoos and conditioners are specifically formulated for British hair, meaning that because the weather can never decide what it wants to do, this is formulated to prevent frizziness. 

The fragrance of this shampoo and conditioner however, is just okay. It's not good but it's not bad, to me it smells a little cheap, as it also contains shea butter I was expecting a nicer fragrance but this smells like a cheap shampoo that I would expect from a low end brand, not from a high end brand like Garnier. You can only smell a hint of Shea butter which is disappointing. However the proof is in the pudding as the saying goes, so despite the cheap fragrance, I actually quite like this shampoo and conditioner. 

I like to leave the conditioner on for around 3-5 minutes to make sure it really moisturises my hair and I only ever apply it to the lengths and ends of my hair. It leaves my hair soft, though I don't think this product is as good as my usual shampoo and conditioner by Herbal Essences and I certainly wouldn't replace my regular shampoo and conditioner with this. I've also yet to see any repair to my hair, as this product claims to do, but maybe I will notice a difference over time. As hair builds up an immunity to shampoo and conditioner if you keep using the same one, it is essential that you switch between brands every now and then so this will do in the meantime, before I go back to using Herbal Essences. Overall I rate this 3 out of 5, as the fragrance lets it down and it doesn't give as good results as my regular shampoo and conditioner.

Jen
X

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS