Monday 13 October 2014

Seventeen Define & Conquer Contour Kit

If like me, you are curious to try the recent trend of contouring (thanks to celebrities such as Kim Kardashian) but are slightly sceptical and don't want to splash out too much on a kit, then this is the one for you. I had no intentions of purchasing a contouring kit, I had already pretty much made up my mind that it wasn't for me but I spotted this new kit in Boots for the introductory price of £4.99, when I was stocking up on my make-up. There was literally one kit left and with the trend increasing, it immediately caught my eye. I knew I had to have it! There are two palettes available in light or medium, however I have no idea which one I have as nowhere on the label states which colour it is, meh! So what's the verdict?
First things first, I love the name, I also love the cute little box it comes in and it even includes a mirror and a set of instructions, so that if you are unsure where to apply which colour where, this explains in simple terms. Basically the darker colour creates the shadows whilst the lighter colour highlights.
I was dubious at first, and could not see this possibly working, for those who aren't sure what contouring is, it is simply an illusion by creating shadows to change your face shape or highlight certain features, it is very popular with celebrities and it can be used to create cheekbones or to slim down your nose or chin etc. It does not come with a brush, which I think would have been a nice little touch but I have plenty, so I just used one of my angled Real Techniques foundation brushes. I am so glad the kit came with instructions otherwise I would have no idea how to apply. I was pleasantly surprised, however, that it was easy to apply and blend and the end result really does make me look as though I have cheek bones and a slimmer nose. 

You can also apply it to your chin, but when I did this, I found that it just looked as though I hadn't blended my foundation properly. The good thing about this product, is that depending on how dramatic you want your look to be it is buildable, meaning that it can be subtle or it can be heavy. It would be good for Halloween, if you are transforming your look and I have seen many beauty bloggers use contouring to transform into celebrities. The key to contouring, as I found, is to blend like crazy, a little goes a long way and it's all about the application. Make sure you use an angled brush, as it will make it a lot easier to apply when you are trying to create the illusion of cheek bones. I am very impressed with this kit, and I would highly recommend it for those wanting to try contouring but who are unsure.
Jen
xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS