Friday 8 August 2014

Bourjois - Color Boost Lipstick Pencil in 'Peach on the Beach'

Bourjois - Color Boost Lipstick Pencil in 'Peach on the Beach'


I more often than not play up my lips over my eyes with a make up look and because of this I'm a sucker for any newly released shade or product. This summer I have been loving coral and lighter shades.


I have been wanting to try a lipstick pencil for some time now and have always loved the look of the Clinique chubby sticks but never got around to purchasing one and at £17 are on the higher end of my makeup budget for a lipstick. Luckily for me a lot of the lower end drugstore brands now have a good selection of chubby stick lookalikes.





It was the Bourjois Color Boost lipstick pencil in 'Peach On The Beach' that I decided to take to the check out yesterday. At £7.99 this product isn't too expensive, though admittedly it is a couple of more pounds than it's Rimmel and L'Oreal counterparts. I was sold on the Bourjois however as the quality, texture and colour appeared far superior when swatched.


BEFORE (with primed lips)
AFTER 


The texture is really creamy and somewhere between a lipstick and a gloss. A glossy lipstick! I always prime my lips before applying any lip colour. Priming for me is basically rubbing a little foundation or concealer over my lips to knock out my natural lip colour. This will make sure that I get the TRUE pigment from the product when it's applied against an even nude base.


BEFORE (with primed lips)

AFTER (with Peach On The Beach lipstick pen)


This colour is a peachy nude to begin with in its stick form, although to me it has a lot more peachy pink tones coming through when it was swatched on my hand. Although my lips were primed, the colour wasn't as super pigmented as I had hoped. In certian lights the product looked more like a nude gloss than a peachy/pinky glossy lipstick. I liked the texture it felt nourishing and smooth. I think I would personally prefer this product in a darker shade as this shade just didn't pack enough of a punch for me. There is a silver bottom on the pencil that enables you to twist more product out as it wears down. I do wonder whether this product may become a slimy blunt mess once the initial pencil shape is worn down to a stub. 


Over all a good nude lip gloss if you are looking for a nice neutral gloss with a plumping effect. I may re-perchase this product at a later date, although as I have said I will try a different shade. 


LUCY XOXO

1 comment:

  1. I liked this, too, and think that the colour was easy to wear (I find it hard to get lipsticks to suit me) - though as you say, that's sort of the opposite of 'packing a punch'. I think I would need to exfoliate my lips, too, before wearing this as the pale colour and waxy texture shows up flakes! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS