Saturday 9 August 2014

Madame Glamour Suddenly Perfume


Today I am excited to review a fragrance by the supermarket Lidl. I had heard a lot about this perfume, so I was very curious to try it. It sells for £3.99 in Lidl for 50ml.




I have had this perfume for a while now and I have to admit, it is now one of my favourites. Do not be put off by how cheap this perfume is, it has a strong, unique fragrance, very similar to Chanel No 5. Of course, Chanel No 5 retails around £50, so clearly there is a big difference in price. This is perfect for anyone who loves Chanel No 5, but who find that it is out of their budget. I think of Chanel as a rare treat, and in the meantime this does the job. Whenever I wear this fragrance, I have many people asking what I am wearing and that it smells lovely and strong. I do find however, that after around an hour or two I have to reapply as it wears off quickly, but for the price I would not expect it to last as long as it's famous rival. 

When I looked at the Lidl website for this product, it quotes many reviews from blogs and journalists claiming that this fragrance actually beats Chanel No 5. Whilst I don't think it quite lives up to Chanel, I do think it is a strong rival, and is a lot nicer than some perfumes I have purchased for a lot of money! Here is a quote I found on the Lidl website:

"Two independent consumer panel blind tests carried out by the Perfumer's Guild on the Lidl Suddenly Madame Glamour perfume against the hugely popular designer branded perfume revealed incredible results - 50 women in the first test voted overwhelmingly for the Lidl Suddenly perfume with 89% saying they would prefer to wear it over the designer brand. And, 90% of the 100 women who blind tested the perfumes in the second round said they also preferred the Lidl perfume."

Overall I am extremely impressed by this fragrance, and since my first bottle, I have purchased around three more. Whenever I am in Lidl, I make a point of stocking up. When this first launched, a lot of stores sold out, however now you should be able to find each Lidl store fully stocked. I find the fragrance to be strong, it reminds me of 1950's glamour, it is quite a sophisticated fragrance and appeals to women of all ages. One thing I like about this fragrance compared to Chanel is that, usually Chanel No 5 is aimed towards middle aged women, whereas Madame Glamour Suddenly makes it accessible to women of all ages, so that women in their twenties can wear it and not feel as though they are wearing perfume designed for a specific age group. I would definitely recommend anyone to buy this. 

Jen
X

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS