Saturday 21 March 2015

Lou Lou's Vintage Fair Newcastle

 Today I decided to pop down to Lou Lou's Vintage Fair located at Newcastle Civic Centre. I had been wanting to go to a vintage fair for as long as I can remember, and I had seen adverts for this on Facebook so I visited with my mum and my friend Katie, I even curled my hair, threw on some red lipstick and bought a new dress for the occasion, so what was it like? 


First impressions, there was a wide variety of clothes, jewellery and bric-a-brac on display. There was everything from shell suits from the nineties to dresses from the fifties and the prices were very reasonable - £15 for most dresses and outfits. They even had badges, sunglasses, converse shoes, denim hot pants and skirts. However, I was looking for some vintage perfume bottles to decorate my dressing table. 

Brooches

In particular, I liked the jewellery stalls where most of the items were between £5 and £20 and some were vintage. Most of the clothes were also vintage, so I thought it would be pretty cool to own a dress from the fifties. The only two minor criticisms I had were that many of the items on display weren't priced and I feel that the sellers could have gained a lot more sales simply by pricing up each item. Also after the live singer, they played rockabilly music which was very loud and jarring, softer music would have been better. 

A selection of brooches and jewellery 

So as you can see there was plenty to choose from and look at. There was even vintage tea rooms and a vintage hairdresser, if you fancied some victory rolls! I saw a few people getting their hair styled and I was quite tempted as I love the hairstyles from back then but I thought I would press on and find my vintage perfume bottles... 

My vintage perfume bottles, £5 each

Overall, this was a very enjoyable way to spend an afternoon and I will definitely be attending the next vintage fair in May! Check out their blog here

Jen
X






No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS