Sunday 24 May 2015

Younique 3D Moodstruck Fiber Lash Mascara

Today I am excited to share with you all, my thoughts on the Younique 3D Moodstruck Fiber Lash Mascara. You may have heard lots about this mascara as there has been a lot of hype surrounding it. I was given this by a friend to try and after hearing so much about it, I was very excited to try it...


For those unfamiliar with this, it claims to deliver dramatic and bold lashes, better than any other mascara you've tried before. It uses a two step system which involves transplanting gel and natural fibres to achieve this. There are two mascara wands in the kit, the first looks like a regular mascara and the second wand looks like this:


As you can see it has lots of tiny black fibres which are used to give the illusion of more lashes.

Go for up to 3x the wow factor with Moodstruck 3D Fiber Lashes that are water-resistant, yet wash off easily with Shine Eye Makeup Remover Cloths. This is quite possibly the most mood-altering, life-changing product in the cosmetics world!
(Source: youniqueproducts.com)

I love the presentation of this product and the box it comes in, it could be used to store make-up brushes or pencils once you're finished with the mascara. I was very curious about this mascara, and I admit, also apprehensive as I have heard both good and bad things about this product and the brand. People either love this and swear by it or absolutely loathe it.

My initial impression upon trying this for the first time was that there is a definite technique to applying this. I even had to do some research on YouTube on how to apply it properly as this definitely isn't the same as applying regular mascara. Everyone's technique varies and there is a lot of trial and error involved in finding the right technique for you. Personally, I find the best way to apply, is to do one eye at a time. First I apply one coat of the transplanting gel then I immediately apply the natural fibres but only on the tips of my lashes. I then leave the fibres to dry for around a minute or two then apply the transplanting gel once more, then another coat of fibres, leave to dry then a final coat of transplanting gel to set the fibres. It is so important that you remember to use the transplanting gel to set the fibres in place once you are done as the fibres will fall out on to your cheeks and nose throughout the day. I learnt this the hard way! I also find that two coats is enough, though I usually apply three.

Three coats of Younique 3D Fibre Lash Mascara
So what did I think? This is certainly different to any other mascara I have tried before, and I am so glad I tried it but I seem to have a love hate relationship with it. Some days I use it and absolutely love it and receive compliments about how long my lashes are and people asking if they are fake, and some days they end up looking like a sticky mess with not much length. Technique is key with this product as well as patience, this is a very tricky product to master and I find that the results are not consistant, it varies each time I use it. I do not like how the fibres fall out throughout the day so that sometimes I end up with tiny black dots of fluff all over my face and I do not like how sometimes the fibres end up in my eyes and cause irritation. The trick to get around this is to apply lots and lots of transplanting gel to make sure the fibres stay put. 


That being said, I do like this product and for the most part I love the results it gives. With a bit of time and effort, this is an amazing product. When I compare it to my other mascaras there is a clear difference between the two, even when comparing it to the most lengthening mascaras in my collection. However, I think this is too much effort and a bit of  a faff to apply everyday, especially when I'm at work, so I will stick to using this when I'm going out or on my days off. You can't buy this in stores, you have to order online or through a Younique representative. Overall, despite its short comings, I have to say that this is an impressive product certainly worth giving a go! I guarantee you won't find a mascara that gives as dramatic results as this!

Jen
X

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS