Saturday 9 August 2014

Collection Gothic Glam lipstick in Revenge


Collection Gothic Glam lipstick in Revenge





One of my all time favourite make up looks is a classic deep red lip with a black winged eye liner. To me it screams old Hollywood glamour and I immediately think of the screen sirens of old such as Lauren Bacall and Marilyn Monroe. Modern ladies who own this look and have made it their signature make up style are Dita Von Teese and my personal style icon Gwen Stefani. 





I always enjoy trying out new rich shades of red and was excited to see Collection have a Gothic Glam line of lipsticks in shades Seduction, Revenge and Scorned all priced £2.99. I purchased Revenge as the colour and texture reminded me a lot of Mac's Rebel which is one if my all time best shades which I have recently worn out. I decided to purchase Revenge as at £2.99 is a fraction of the price of Mac Rebel which retails at £15.50. 



Upon trying Revenge on I am pleased with the colour and texture of the lipstick. It is a lot creamier and smoother than Rebel and therefore easier to apply. However it does leave a sheen on my lips where Rebel was totally matt and almost chalky. Both are good looks! 

I am super impressed with the colour and can see why it is called the the Gothic Collection. The  colour is so intense, a dark berry purple colour! A purple rather than a red. I definitely feel like I am channeling my inner goth. This lipstick worn as I have styled it with my makeup is more of a nighttime look and probably a winter one at that. I think it would look to dramatic wearing this look on a summer day (although I have been known to do so).


This lipstick for me ticks the box of looking old Hollywood when worn as I have with a winged liner, but it certainly does also scream hot gothic vampire if worn with pale matt skin (and fangs anyone?)

Defiantly re-purchase and can't wait to try out shades Seduction and Scorned!





LUCY XOXO 

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS