Friday 21 August 2015

Back To Blogging! 

I've really missed writing up some blogs and reviews as I haven't uploaded in I don't know how long! But thankfully Jenny has kept the site running with her regular life and beauty updates! I have had some technical issues with my camera and uploading photos and I am a technical dinosaur when it comes to dealing with these issues. But hurray! I now have my blogging paraphernalia working again and want to crack on with some reviews of things I've been loving from my summer make up collection. 


Bare Minerals 'MOXIE gloss'




I was given a beautiful collection of lip glosses for my birthday and have been wearing them non stop throughout the summer. They are the Bare Mineral MOXIE gloss lip glosses. They are quite pricey and I would never buy all these shades at once! But I was so chuffed to receive them as a gift! I think they retail at around £16

I have the shades 'rule breaker', 'high roller', 'miss popular', 'stunner' and 'life of the party'. I've got to admit I'm not a huge fan of the names of the shades as I think they are a bit silly and also have no relation to the colour of the product, for example 'rule breaker' is the palest nude shade and I don't see how the name connects to the colour. Maybe it's 'rule breaking' wearing natural shades? Yes I am this sad and over think these things (don't judge me!)

      
I swatched the colours on the back of my hand and the shades are as follows (top to bottom) 'High Roller' 'Miss Popular' 'Life Of The Party' 'Rule Breaker' and 'Stunner' 



My review of these glosses is that they are some of the best I've tried! They are marketed as lip plumping and they really do plump lips up. They feel cold and tingly on your lips and it's different but nice. These glosses feel very nourishing and feel like they are doing something good for your lips. They have a lovely smell too! 

The glosses all pretty much all offer sheer coverage but can be built to medium coverage after a few layers of application. As the glosses are sheer they are good to apply over a lipstick to add gloss and plumping.




Wearing 'Miss Popular'
Wearing 'Rule Breaker'
The shade that I've been wearing a lot of is 'miss popular' it's just a fun, very light bubblegum pink and steers away from the more crazy dramatic and darker colours I often reach for. I think it's a subtle but cute shade for summer when you want a softer summery makeup look.


LUCY XOXO











No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS