Thursday 17 September 2015

Mog On The Tyne Part 2

So it's been a little while since my last blog and as regular readers of the blog will know, me and Lucy are not frequent bloggers which means that we only blog when we can and feel like it. So today I wanted to share some photos from my second visit at Mog On The Tyne cat cafe.
In this post, I want to focus more on the cats than the experience, as I blogged about that in my first post which you can read here.
The usual suspects
As I explained in my last post, the cat cafe is basically a coffee shop but with cats. They all came from Westgate Ark cat rescue centre and they each have their own traits and unique qualities - some like to play, some like to sleep, some like to pinch food and some are very mischievous. The stand out cats for me are definitely Stan and  Tinks. Stan is so cool, never getting too close although he does allow the occasional pat on the head and Tinks is very beautiful but naughty, attempting to steal people's food when they aren't looking. 
Tyrian
A visit here definitely makes me miss my cat and makes me want another, As I explained in my last post, the cat cafe is basically a coffee shop but with cats. They all came from Westgate Ark cat rescue centre and they each have their own traits and unique qualities - some like to play, some like to sleep, some like to pinch food and some are very mischievous. The stand out cats for me are definitely Stan and  Tinks. Stan is so cool, never getting too close although he does allow the occasional pat on the head and Tinks is very beautiful but naughty, attempting to steal people's food when they aren't looking. I know it's only a matter of time before I get one.
Whilst I'm a big fan of bengal and calico cats, there is something about black and white cats that I love, also known as tuxedo cats because they often look like they are wearing them. 
Watching the world go by
And then you have ginger cats, the bigger and fluffier the better! There are two ginger cats at Mog On The Tyne, I believe this is Jaffa but there is also Tokyo.
Tyrian is one of the more active cats who loves to play
Another of my favourites is Tyrian who is very playful, she loves to play hide and seek and pop out of places when you least expect it.

Of course it's difficult to choose favourites as they are all beautiful and cheeky in their own way. .
Rum the stunning bengal kitten
There is a good mix of kittens and older cats at the cafe and whilst I love kittens (who doesn't?) there's something about older cats that I love. I love the striking markings of the bengal kittens like Rum and I dream of owning one someday.
Sir Francis
Tokyo or is this Jaffa?
The beautiful Tinks
I love Sir Francis's cheeky little face and how he just loves to sleep and gaze at everyone with one eye open while he has his head stroked. Most of the kitties turn to putty in your hands as soon as you rub their heads though many of the cats at Mog On The Tyne have a back story and a rough start in life. Tinks was a young mummy cat who had four ginger kittens as did Gizmo who is mum of Maggie and Sir Francis the two black and white kittens. The cat cafe has given them all a new lease of life and a forever home.

If you are interested in giving a rescue cat a forever home then you can check out Westgate Ark's website here. I hope you enjoyed my second visit to Mog On The Tyne, more posts coming soon!
Jen 
X

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS